Friday, December 2, 2011

Fashion Files :: Feel Bad/ Look Good

Today, I feel like crap. I have a terrible cold, my newborn has a cold and my son can't stop babbling. This week, I'm averaging a now total of 13 hours of sleep and I still have to bring a cheerful spirit to my work in corporate America.

I never said being a new mom is easy, but we don't have to look bad because we feel bad.

In the midst of my stuffy nose and sore throat, I threw on (literally threw on) a wrap dress, necklace, black tights and a pair of knee boots. This fit was fast and effortless, yet looked like I cared -- and today, I didn't want to care.

This week, I've been sharing my words of new mom fashion wisdom. I hope these short, easy fashion solutions are helpful. As always, your pearls of wisdom are appreciated and accepted.

3 comments:

  1. Great message! Sometimes just making myself look good helps me feel better. Even eyeliner and lipgloss alone can go a long way....and a cute outfit never hurts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual high five for lipgloss and eyeliner. I have spare lipgloss tubes everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one who kept lipgloss everywhere. I have them in every purse, my workout bag, and other random places. LOL

    ReplyDelete