Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fashion Files :: Dresses and accessories—a new moms best friend (Day 2)

As I expressed here, now that I’m a mom of two, my personal time is limited and at the mercy of my little ones.

However, this is no excuse to trade in your pumps and pencil skirts for the PTO and mom-jeans (disclaimer : I have NOTHING against the PTO – I’m actually on one).  Having returned to corporate America yesterday and very little time to lend to styling myself, I’ve found that dresses and accessories are a moms best friend.

Today, I was dressed in less than 10 minutes and achieved a fashion forward look.

Here I wore a simple dress, but I layered it with a long cardigan, thick black tights and knee boots.

For my hair, I took about 15 minutes to spiral curl a few beach waves and my makeup only consisted of face powder and a eye shadow. All in all, I spent about 30 minutes (post shower) to pull a look together and get out of the door with two kids and tons of bags – smile.
For this mom of two – dresses and accessories have become my fashion lifesaver.  

No comments:

Post a Comment