Monday, November 28, 2011

Fashion Files :: Fashion Forward Mommy

Now that I'm a mother of two, I have to find quick ways to maintain my personal fashion style while still being comfortable. The best way for me to achieve comfort and fashion is by wearing dresses, heavily accessorizing and cute shoes. 

Attached is what I wore upon my return to corporate America today. This outfit was very simple, stylish and afforded me enough time to dress my two month old diva doll. 

Oh, I failed to mention that everything that I'm wearing (dress, necklace and shoes cost less that $70 combined). 

How do you maintain your fashion forward style without compromising comfort and emptying your wallet? 

Please share your fashion wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. All of this! The color combo, nail polish, necklace.

    I have taken to thrifting and consignment shopping to make sure I am using my bucks wisely when it comes to me. I am a SAHM so I can get away with that but when I was working it was all about Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Stein Mart and factory stores like Banana Republic, Gap and Ann Taylor for well priced professional clothing. I love to shop, I just have found a way to do it more economically! I do often splurge on my shoes and bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yep, those are my stores. Lately, I’ve been blending consigned pieces into my day to day looks. I’m a lover of accessories. One thing I know for sure is that accessories will take you for blah to bam in 5 seconds. I’ve even started my own line of handmade jewelry see here www.facebook.com/handmadebypatrice and am currently giving my website a much needed facelift. The new and improved site will launch next year just in time for Art – Culture – Cocktails, a bazaar that I’m putting together to bring the best of the best artisans under one roof in Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete