Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Staples to Survive the SAHM to WM transition



This week, most of my postings will be centered around transitioning from a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) to a Working Mom (WM).  The postings will be short, but great tips for other parents in transition.

Prior to returning to work, I knew that I wanted to have some professional images taken of my baby girl to be added to the collection of family photos in my workspace. For those of you who know me personally, you’re already aware of my need to plan things out way in advance. So, in true Patrice planning style, I researched vintage baby clothing and accessory designers and searched for the best photographers in the Washington DC area when my baby was just a few weeks old (okay, during my 9th month of pregnancy).

Well, this is what you get when you pair a visionary mother, with an awesome designer and the best photographer in the DMV {see image}. My baby’s outfit was a true vision of everything that was depicted in my head.


Credits :: Stacy Johnson of London Blue Designs is the amazing creator of the top hat and outfit. The beauty of this image was captured by Tosha Francis of the Captured Life Photography. Ms. Francis is a wonderful photographer in the Washington DC area and is known for her ability to capture individuals like no other.

Seeing this picture during the 9-5 hours allows me to smile while working hard for the money.

Now, Mommies, share your wisdom on how you transitioned from being a SAHM to a WM?  

No comments:

Post a Comment