Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fashion Files :: My Very Important Baby's (VIB) first day of school debut.

Thanks for returning :). My 2mos old baby girl looked quite adorable yesterday and can you believe that her entire outfit cost less than $25 -- including shoes and accessories.

I wanted to go for a more fashion forward yet comfortable look for her first day entering an early learning center, so I went with option #2 from Saturdays post which can be found here.

Here's the skinny (well, in my baby's case, "the chunky") on my baby girl's first day of school outfit. 
  • Dark chocolate cardigan is by Carters (caught it a bargain department store for about $8);
  • Dark denim *jeggings are from the Children's Place  (purchased on sale online for about $9)  
  • White fitted t-shirt (not featured here) found at TJ Maxx for around $4
  • Leopard booties (the outfits statement piece) are handmade and designed just for my baby by her grandmother (my mother) who is hands down AMAZING on the sewing machine. The cost of fabric and supplies for the booties exclusively was nothing as leftover fabric was used from another project.
  • Featured here are two headbands because the morning of dressing my baby, I wasn't sure which one worked best, but I ended up going with the crochet headband as I felt the color of the brown paired better with the overall look and not too mention, the flower headband is one that my little girl will wear often.  The crochet headband was purchased from Amazon.com for about $1.50. 
So, what do you think? Did my 2month VIB (Very Important Baby) rock the infant room on her first day of school or what? Please share your fashion wisdom.
----------------------------
*Jeggings: A cross between a pair of jeans and leggings. In short, they look like jeans, but are soft and stretchy like leggings. Jeggings are perfect for babies -- always remember comfort when dressing babies and children.

2 comments:

  1. She rocked it! Check out Trina at www.babyshopaholic.com Y'all get's it in with the baby outfit posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. As a matter of fact, I’ve seen her blog and I find it darling. A girlfriend of mine met the blogger at Blogalicious and called to tell me that our kids share the same name, Peyton Renee. Goes to show that if your name is Peyton, you are a baby- stylecon

    ReplyDelete