Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Post: Adjusting To Post Baby Body!

After giving birth to my daughter 11 weeks ago, I'm learning to adjust to my post pregnancy body.

Last week, I went to Target in search of Christmas socks for the kids and I stumbled into the women's clothing area. While there, I came across this adorable black and white checkered skirt by Merona (seen here - poor lighting from my smart phone). It was a size 4 and we all know I haven't seen a size four since I was in the 8th grade, but miraculously it fit. A little snug, but doable with a pair of black tights.

My post pregnancy body this time around has been easy to adjust to - my hips have expanded, but I accept them as a badge of honor for being a carrier of life (this is the ONLY way I can truly accept them -- chuckles).

After giving birth to my son six years ago, I had a very hard time getting used to my post pregnancy body. During my pregnancy, I'd gone from an approximate weight of 140lbs to a near 200lbs and my son only attributed to 7 of those pounds. Needless to say that after giving birth, I was still very much overweight (I'm 5'5 1/2 feet tall) and I had a hard time adjusting.

What I've learned from being a 20something mom adjusting to a new body and a now 30something mom is that life isn't always perfect, but the key is to see beyond the imperfections and to be happy. Wide hips and all, I'm happy because in the end, the pros outweigh the cons.

I'd like to hear from you. After giving birth, how did you accept your post pregnancy body? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment