Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Pearls of Wisdom on Dating as New Parents



Let's face it. When you become a parent, things sometimes change in the relationship department. Quality time together becomes a moment shared with a baby in between the two of you. While I'm a huge advocate of family, I'm also a believer in keeping the spice your relationship -- you know, the relationship that you had before children.

Now, that my husband and I are parents of a 2mos old and 6 year old, we both agreed that the key to happiness for all of us was in creating balance. Planning date days and evenings on occassion are necessary in achieving that balance. And, while sitters may be hard to find, you can always make time for date breakfast or lunch when the kids are at school or daycare.

My husband and I have declared Monday, date day. Every Monday, we manage to find a nice restaurant and enjoy good cuisine while holding hands. It brings us back to a place of dating and intimacy before kids. For us, it helps in achieving a happy balance.

How do you achieve balance in your world?

2 comments: